We’ve been supporting our members and their communities for over 150 years, and are proud to continue to do so.
Here are some examples of how we’re helping people during this pandemic.
- We’ve given nearly 1,000 members support with their mortgage repayments, including payment holidays.
- We’re allowing members experiencing financial difficulties to access their savings early.
- We’re reducing our Standard Variable Rate for mortgages on 1st of June, so members on a variable or discount rate will see their payments decrease.
- We’re giving existing borrowers coming to the end of their mortgage deal even more choice. We’ve introduced new residential rate switch products, including some offering cashback*, for those who want more money in their pockets, plus some products with no Early Repayment Charges to give our members more flexibility in these uncertain times.
- We’re continuing our partnership with Shelter Cymru - the work they do to keep people secure in their homes is more important than ever. On top of our usual fundraising, we’ll be donating £5 to Shelter for every member who switches their mortgage rate in the next 6 months.
No matter what challenges we face, we’ll be here to help our members every step of the way – that’s our pledge to you.
*Cashback will be provided to the borrower upon completion of the rate switch in the form of a BACS transfer.