Lost Savings

If you think you have an account with the Society, but have made no withdrawals, deposits or not had your passbook updated for over 15 years, your account may be considered ‘dormant’, particularly if you have moved house and haven’t told us your new address.  However, you will always be able to revive your account or claim your money back at any time with interest.

By contacting the Society you can easily reactivate your account. All you need to do is visit a local branch or agency office with your passbook or card and proof of your identity (identity requirements are the same as opening a new account). If you have lost your passbook or card, then bring along proof of your identity together with any information you have in respect of the account e.g. a savers statement or other account correspondence. 

If you think you may have dormant accounts at other Building Societies then you might like to pick up a "How Building Societies help you find your lost savings" leaflet from one of our branches. Alternatively visit www.mylostaccount.org.uk to search for any dormant account with all UK Banks / Building Societies.




Privacy & Cookies

We use cookies on this website to help make your experience of this website better. In compliance with changes to EU cookie legislation, and to control and remove cookies, please view our Privacy & Cookie policy. Please note, by continuing on this site you are agreeing for cookies to be placed on your computer.

I accept

This notice should only appear the first time you visit the site.